Strawberry Honey Fabric Collection - Virtual Spring Quilt Market 2020

Happy Virtual Spring Quilt Market 2020!! Quilt Market looks a little bit different this year due to social distancing but, in true quilter tradition, we are making-do; taking what we have and making it into something beautiful!

Today I am extremely excited to showcase my next fabric collection with Riley Blake Designs: “Strawberry Honey” coming February 2021!!!

Strawberry Honey tells the story of a summer morning in the wild strawberry patch! Bees are busy in their hive making golden honey from the strawberry flower blossoms and other wildflowers on the hill. Meanwhile, a family of happy bears comes by for a small snack of some of this wild strawberry honey in true bear picnic lunch fashion. It’s a happy, perfect day full of activity, sunshine and fun! 

The colors featured in the collection include a golden honey, grassy spring green, sky aqua, sweet pink, clean cotton white and picnic red. Colors tell a story and these colors sing of bright, carefree summer days!

The collection was inspired by one of my Mom’s children’s books from when she was a little girl. She read the book to me and my siblings many times when we were growing up and I loved it! Children’s books are often a source of lasting memories and pictures that stay with us into adulthood and this was certainly the case for me. 

My fabric designs are all drawn by hand. Sometimes I will sketch my designs using paper/pen and scan them to digitize them, and sometimes I will sketch out the designs on my Ipad. I loved to draw long before I learned how to quilt so being able to combine my two biggest creative loves is a treat that just thrills my heart! My goal is that the hand-sketched designs in my fabric collections will lend to a very free and playful feel. More than anything else, I enjoy sketching all things found outdoors: flowers, leaves, animals, trees, birds, etc.


What kinds of prints can you look forward to in this collection? Here is a breakdown of the “Strawberry Honey” fabrics:

·     Main Print: the main print comes in white, aqua and green colorways and features playful wildflower bouquets, tiny wild strawberries and buzzing honeybees.
·     Strawberries: comes in red, pink and white colorways and features small/medium scale tossed strawberries.
·     Beehive: a small-scale print that comes in aqua, white and honey colorways and features tiny hexagons, dots and honeybees.                                          
·     Honey Bears: Lovely, medium-scale bear silhouette motifs surrounded by dancing vines and flowers. Comes in red, pink, and honey colorways.
·     Flowers: a lovely small-scale floral print/blender in aqua, multicolor/white, and green colorways.
·     Gingham: ¼” tone-on-tone ginghams in aqua, red/pink, and honey colorways.
·     Cross Stitch: A simple cross-stitch pattern blender in red, pink and green colorways. 
·     Dot Blender: scattered small-scale dots sin aqua, pink and red colorways.
·     Panel: Features 12” and 6” blocks using various motifs from the collection including the main wildflower motif, bears, bees, strawberries and fun quotes.





With the release of the collection I will be releasing 2 brand new quilt patterns!


“Perfect Day” is a medallion layout quilt featuring a large 24” picture block in the center, telling the story of a beautiful summer day with a honeybee and wildflowers. The main block is surrounded by decorative blocks and sashing, all made using traditional piecing.  This quilt pattern will be produced/distributed by Riley Blake Designs.

“Cathedral Windows” is a really fun take on a classic favorite! This is a free pattern that I will be releasing right here on my blog. Cathedral Windows quilts are traditionally made using a very specific piecing method but this pattern will use all simple, traditional piecing to achieve a similar look at a fraction of the work. 

Click here to view the complete storyboard and here to view the entire collection on the Riley Blake Designs Website.

I’m SO excited to share this collection with you all! I hope that “Strawberry Honey” brings a little bit more color to your day and lots of fun fabric to look forward to! Happy Sewing and I hope that everyone has a beautiful, wonderful, sun-shiney day!!


-Gracey


Comments