Why the Horse of Course!

This week I published by newest, and possibly most requested quilt block pattern yet! I'm so very excited about this one!! What pattern you ask? The horse of course!

This pattern has been months in the making and has probably been one of my biggest design challenges yet. The horse has a very distinctive shape, jawline and face, so one slip of the rotary cutter and you have a very different animal lol.

I had so much fun making this block pattern and I can totally see it being used for farmgirl or cowgirl projects (and don't forget our farm guys and cowboys!). Classic colors like browns, blacks and grays give it a very traditional, farm, or western look while it can also been made in bright colors for a more whimsical, girly block. 

When I was little I LOVED the old Mickey Mouse Club episodes we had on video tape (yes...those black boxy VHS tapes that totally show off my '90s childhood). So if you're in the mood for a giggle and some retro, corny, horsy fun, here's a peak at one of the episodes that used to make me laugh like crazy for your viewing pleasure ;)


Comments