"Playful Precut Quilts" by Amanda Niederhauser

Happy Monday everyone! Today is a super exciting day because I get to tell you all about Amanda Niederhauser’s new quilt book!! :D :D :D 

I have followed Amanda’s work forever and had the pleasure of meeting her at Fall Quilt Market 2019. She is also a Riley Blake fabric designer, so she and I shared a quilt booth at Market. Let me just tell you….this lady is so super talented! Many of you have probably seen her work on Instagram @jedicraftgirl (along with her adorable cat, Mufasa) and have sewn with her first fabric line, “Scaredy Cat”. Now, she has released a quilt book and I guarantee it will be one of your new favorites!


 

“Playful Precuts” is an extremely versatile and fun book for making your most treasured precuts sing! I decided that I was in the mood to make a fun, quick, bright, and super happy mini quilt/wall-hanging. This wall-hanging is one of my favorite patterns in the book because you can use any 12” block in the center! Think about all of the possibilities!! For my center block, I picked the flower block from the “Sunday Drive” quilt pattern and then followed the wall-hanging instructions from there. I used my “Play Outside” fabric collection to make a pink, aqua, green and orange color combo and it finished at a 24” square.



 

The book features 15 amazing projects and is definitely going to be a staple in my quilt book collection going forward! The photography is beautiful, the instructions are easy to follow, and the number of project possibilities are endless! I definitely encourage you to pick up your copy so that you can start stitching up some Playful Precut quilts!




 

Wishing you a sunshiney day!

 

Gracey

Comments