In the Meadow by Keera Job For Riley Blake Designs

As I'm sitting here in my big, comfy chair, attempting to stay as warm and cozy as possible in these winter months..."In the Meadow" fabrics by Keera Job for Riley Blake Designs are bringing a ray of sunshine and color to my day!

I was immediately drawn to this line of fabric because of the florals...oh the amazing florals! I consider myself a wildflower at heart and the way these flowers dance across the fabric is as happy as can be!


When I'm designing specifically for a line of fabric, I LOVE to use the fabric as a springboard for the design; using the motifs, color and overall feel of the collection for the pattern inspiration. As I mentioned....the florals! Did I mention the flowers??! LOL. It will come as no surprise that I used the floral prints as the inspiration for my new table runner pattern: "Chamomile tea".







Chamomile is an herbal flower with carefree petals that tend to go in whichever direction they fancy. "In the Meadow" provided the perfect "paint pallet" to paint a quilty picture of sweet, delicate chamomile flowers and fun, spinning green tea leaves. The runner design is classic with a modern, almost Scandinavian feel and allows the bright, happy prints to shine on a steel gray background. This project definitely reminds me of all things teacups, flowers, cottages and Spring.





"In the Meadow" features multiple colorways and I chose to focus on the lighter prints...especially the prints featuring white backgrounds. The earthy green, rich yellow, sweet pink and cornflower blue, aqua and navy just sing against the white! The fabrics are so soft and just a joy to work with....they feel, cut and sew as smoothly as butter. All of the Riley Blake fabrics that I've had the pleasure of using have that great quality, color and softness to them.

Just like all of my other patterns, this runner uses all traditional piecing (no paper piecing or templates) and is a quick and simple project! The small-scale florals in the collection are absolutely ideal for the petals and leaves and the large florals make an absolutely gorgeous backing! And...this collection doesn't only feature flowers....Keera included the sweetest bee print! Your finished chamomile flowers will be the happiest of flowers with bees in the flower centers!


As always: measure twice, cut once....mark your pieces with the corresponding letters as outlined in the pattern for easy organization...and most importantly, have fun!

I hope you enjoy working with this gorgeous fabric collection as much as I did! I know that it will become one of your most hoarded (ahem...I mean collected) and loved fabric lines in your stash! This collection is available now so....head to your favorite local or online quilt shop and get ready to add some Spring sunshine to your day!

The "Chamomile Tea" table runner pattern is now available in my Etsy shop: www.burlapblossompattern.etsy.com

~Gracey

**Long-Arm Quilting by Pam Sprinkle: www.quiltedblessings.com **











Comments